Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Everything For A Reason

In March 2008, I had my routine MRI Brain preformed. I have been following spots on my brain called non-specific gliosis. The same radiologist has been reading my study for years and always said, “stable”. This year, I had Dr Podgorski read the study. He was a little curious as to why I had the spots at the age of 30 and what some reasons could be. He ordered additional studies to try to give us insight into these findings. One of the studies he ordered was a Carotid Doppler. He wanted to make sure I didn’t have any plaque build up in my arteries. I had the ultrasound done a few days later in which they found a mass on my Thyroid. The ultrasound tech told me, that I would probably need more testing. When I went back to see Dr Podgorski, he said he really wanted to have it biopsied. I went for the Biopsy in the beginning of April, and they diagnosed me with Papillary Carcinoma of the Thyroid. On May 30, 2008 I had a total Thyroidectomy preformed by Dr Lisa Reid at Cooper Hospital, with partner Nicole and my Mother by my side. It has been a roller coaster since my surgery. They put me on meds, just to take me off. I go from being angry, short tempered and irrational to crying in zero to sixty. I am not as mentally fatigued as they said I would be, but my muscles fatigue quickly. Along with being off the meds, I needed to go on a low iodine diet, which in no way made me happy or this time easy. I go for my Ablation (radiation) today. I am not looking forward to it because I have to be in isolation for the next four days. I am still trying to get out of it. HAHA! Nicole said to me this morning, “It’s a good day! Because today, the doctors are going to make sure you will be with me for the rest of my life!”
Now how can you argue with that??

Everything For A Reason!
7/10/08

No comments:

Post a Comment